Talk to other members using our real-time chat services, federated using Matrix.
Getting an account
Like most of our services, matrix is tied into our account system. You simply need to log in using your account details and it’ll connect you.
We self-host the riot web client, you can also use the one hosted at riot.im, but you might need to to tell it to point to our server. For mobile, the RiotX client is recommended and for desktop the riot desktop client can be found as a flatpak (linux).
If these aren’t really your style (or you’re looking for something a bit different), have a look at the clients on matrix.org.
- Modern chat service with a good feature set
- Project Matrix IDs (you:fossgalaxy.com)
- Self-Hosted integrations manager
- Bridges to popular networks ( Facebook, Freenode and Telegram )
- Talk to other matrix users on other instances